Having experienced the flood of 2010, we in Middle Tennessee are all too familiar with the devastation flooding and natural disasters can cause. Just as many from across the country came to the support and aid of our region, we want to give our support in return. Greater Nashville REALTORS® is donating $7,500 to the NAR REALTORS® Relief Foundation and $2,500 to the Texas REALTORS® Relief Foundation to support the devastation caused by Hurricane Harvey. We know many of you also want to help. Following are three ways you can join in assisting through the REALTOR® organization.
1. NAR REALTORS® Relief Foundation - https://www.nar.realtor/programs/realtors-relief-foundation
2. Texas REALTORS® Relief Fund - https://www.texasrealestate.com/our-impact/texas-realtors-relief-fund
3. Red Cross – If you are choosing to donate via the Red Cross, please take up an offer by an anonymous individual in the Nashville real estate community who has agreed to match $1 for $1 donations to the American Red Cross made by local real estate brokers and affiliate brokers up to $250,000. There are two easy ways to give and get the match, but please note the deadline is September 1 for the match:
· Go to www.redcross.org/donate. If you give online, you must take the extra step and email Brenda.Black@Redcross.org and reference NAIOP/Real Estate Member Match to ensure your gift is counted for the matching funds.
· Call Lyndsie Mobilia-Brenan at the Nashville Red Cross office to make a donation: 615–250-4265 and please reference NAIOP/Real Estate Member Match.
Thank you for your generosity, both financially and in spirit.